Review: LUVU Beauty Eye & Lip Liner Pencils

LUVU Beauty is a Canadian company that sells a good range of natural products - makeup, skincare, haircare, baby products and more.  I've placed two small orders with them now, but I've only tried their makeup so far.

Along with other new products for spring, LUVU recently came out with new eye liner and lip liner pencils and when they had a 50% off sale for Facebook fans, I decided to order a few to try.  I ordered four of the new pencils, as well as two of the old formulation that I found discounted in their clearance section.  As it turned out, LUVU was already sold out of the clearance ones, but Tira, the owner, offered to replace these two with my choice of colours in the new pencils, free of charge.  My order shipped quickly and I got it 3 days after ordering.  I got four lip liners in Blush, Nude, Pale Pink, and Candy, and two eye liners in Black and White.


 

I'm really happy with the colours I picked.  Candy is a gorgeous hot pink, and Blush and Pale Pink are super pretty too.  Nude is a little dark for me, but it would probably work well on someone a bit darker.  All the lip liners and the black eye liner are matte and pretty vibrant, while the white has some shimmer and is sheerer, making it perfect for highlighting the inner corner of the eyes.

In terms of formula, these are pretty solid.  They don't glide exceptionally well right off the bat, but once you get them warmed up, they go on fine.    Some of them are a little waxy and go on slightly of clumpy, like you can see in the swatch of Candy.  That said, this very texture helps keep them long lasting on your lips.  On their own, they can be slightly drying, but as long as you apply something more moisturizing on top, they're very workable. 

Bottom Line
I'm a bit mixed on these liners.  The colours are nice, but I really wish the formula was creamier.  I will say that I don't love them as eye liners - they just are not soft enough to apply easily.  I do like the lip liners and the white eye liner is very pretty as well.  LUVU has great customer service and both my orders have come quickly.  They're constantly coming out with new products and if there were other products I was interested in, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.  They do offer lots of deals on Facebook, so I'd recommend checking their Facebook page before placing an order.


         

4 comments

  1. Great review! It's nice to see some Canadian companies out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! I'm always extra happy to buy Canadian :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Id like to see your reviews of this place:
    http://www.100percentpure.com/BLACK-TEA-PIGMENTED-GEL-EYE-LINER-s/189.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard really good things about the 100% Pure liners! I'd love to try them one day :)

      Delete